OFFICIAL CERTIFICATE PRESENTATION – ISO 9001:2015 QMS ON MONDAY, 7TH AUGUST 2017
- As part of our strategies to achieve the Bank’s vision to become a leading Development Finance Institution in Africa, operating under global best practices, Management took a decision in 2014 to implement the ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System. We went through a painstaking and rigorous process of reviewing, revamping and documenting our business processes, guided by the DQS Management Systems Nigeria Limited towards obtaining the certification in 2015. As at the time, we were the only Development Finance Institution in Nigeria with such a certification.
- As a strategy-focused organisation, the Bank of Industry keeps trying to re-invent and benchmark itself with global trends toward enhancing its service delivery profile to all its stakeholders. The ISO 9001:2008 Certification provided us with a world class platform to achieve this, as it is a business management tool which provides internationally recognized models for operating a quality management system. The certification, therefore, sent a strong message to our stakeholders that we take quality and customer service very seriously.
- Our zeal to sustain quality inspired our desire to upgrade our Quality Management Certification from the 9001:2008 version to the latest version, the 9001: 2015. Our success in obtaining the new certification is why we are all seated here today.
- The success story would not be complete without mentioning some of the key strategies that informed the successful accomplishment of this feat:
- First amongst the strategies was executive Management commitment and disposition towards the adoption and internalization of best practices within the organization.
- Secondly, the strict adherence to the Project Implementation Plan/Timetable and the provision of a regular update to management on progress of the implementation by the Management Representative of the project and his team.
- Last, but not the least is the Involvement and buy-in of all staff in the implementation process.
- Bear in mind though, that this Certification marks the beginning of a 3-Year QMS Cycle within which the organization is expected to maintain and continually improve its Management System. Correspondingly, a Post- Implementation Framework has been developed to ensure that we maintain high standards and pass both the internal and external ISO audits as they take place within the cycle and beyond.
- It may interest you to know that the same team of dedicated and committed Internal Auditors who worked assiduously to ensure that the Bank attained the 9001:2008 QMS Certification are the same auditors who are behind this success.
- On this note, on behalf of the Management of the Bank of Industry, I would like to commend the entire staff, the Management Representative and his team of Internal Auditors, as well as the DQS Consultants for this exalted achievement.
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING.