The bank’s emphasis is on prudent project selection and management, accordingly, it supports quality projects with potential developmental impact. BOI therefore, considers industries that meet the following criteria:
- Capacity to substantially add to industrial output.
- Projects that use largely domestic raw materials.
- Industry in which Nigeria’s comparative advantages could be converted to competitive ones.
- Ability to promote the expansion of exports through the production of high quality products that are attractive to domestic and export markets.
- Niche projects that produce for worldwide consumption.
- Projects that create both forward and backwards linkages, with the rest of the domestic or regional economy.
- Ventures that promote inter-state or regional integration.
- Small and medium enterprises (SMEs) that have linkage with large firms, belong to clusters and operate under franchise.
- Enterprises with high employment generation capacity.
- The project must be technically feasible, commercially viable and economically desirable.
- Projects that are environmentally friendly.
- Enterprises that have good management set-up and proper accounting procedures.
- Enterprises promoted by women entrepreneurs.
The following industrial sub-sectors are also accorded priority in the project selection:
- Agro-industries, textile and leather
- Polymer –based industries
- Solid minerals
- Information communication technology (ICT) services
Please Click Here for Pre and Post Approval Documentation